Monday, July 21, 2008

Feeling the Disney Magic



A couple nights ago, after a day where I had desperately searched for good deals to get us to Disneyland, our 3-year old Princess said, "Mama I want to go to Disneyland so I can meet Bambi and Thumper." (Bambi is not a big story in our household, so I can only assume she was looking through old books earlier in the day.) Wife told her that those were characters in a book, but that you didn't usually see them in Disneyland.

Her 6-year-old brother reminded us of the Magic Hat at the Disneyland Hotel - and how wishes really can come true. On our last day at Disneyland the last time we were there, as he walked under the Magic Hat, he wished he could meet some characters he'd never seen before. He was LOVING getting autographs. Well, in amazing Disney fashion, we ran into about 5 or 6 characters he'd not yet met, so he was thrilled.

A few minutes later, the Princess was off to bed, and I sat quietly by my son's side as he snuggled into his own bed. He looked at me very seriously and said, "Some things aren't really magic, but I think Disneyland really is magic." With tears in my eyes that my son could still feel the wonder 2 years after his last trip, I had to agree, "Yes, I think Disneyland is magic, too."

2 comments:

Audra said...

I have to agree as well!

Dakota said...

Thanks, Audra - and thanks for stopping by :)