Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's New?- Toy Story Mania

Wow - what a slacker, right? First post in over one month! Well, guess that is what happens when a student is out of school for the summer :) I have been busy working at my regular job and dreaming of our next Disneyland vacation, but not actually going on anything resembling a vacation. Hey - budgets are tight all around, and when you are a student with a family to support....well, you get the idea. We will be doing some fun local things in August and saving our money for a big Disneyland bash sometime in the next year. Maybe after the bar exam? (Although I have heard that "brain dead" will be my state of mind for at least a couple of weeks afterwards.)

So, what's new at the Disneyland Resort? Toy Story Mania opened to the public in Disney's California Adventure on Tuesday, June 24th.



The reviews on this attraction, which is an interactive ride through carnival games with Woody and Friends, are really great. This is similar to the Buzz Lightyear attraction in Disneyland where you help Buzz defeat the Evil Emporer Zurg by shooting at targets. I have read a few reviews calling the attraction "addictive" as riders want to play over and over again to beat their friend's and own personal best scores.

Lines are reported to be fairly long - I've seen reports of 45 minutes to over 2 hours - so if you are planning on going, sounds like first thing in the morning and the end of the day are your best bets. There is no FastPass hooked up at this time.

For an in depth review of Toy Story Mania, check out this article. This sounds like a "Do Not Miss" attraction to me! I can't wait to experience it for myself!

1 comment:

Audra said...

This ride looks like so much fun! I've tried to go but I refuse to wait over an hour for a line, I'll wait until peak season is over!