Thursday, October 16, 2008

Remembering the Classics



I was scouting around for a picture of Disneyland's old sky tram, or sky buckets, I think they were called. I found them, but I also came across this on http://history.amusement-parks.com Seeing these pictures totally stirred up a memory from my childhood. I remember being on this train as a young child, but years later not remembering where I'd been - maybe Disneyland, maybe Knott's Berry Farm....I just couldn't place it.

A little online research tells me why. This attraction was called The Mine Train Through Nature’s Wonderland and was replaced by The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad thrill ride in 1979. I was 13, and the last time I'd been to the park, I was probably about 7.

If you are interested in more details about this attraction, check out yesterland.com.



2 comments:

Ranman said...

Great post! Better than a picture of the skyway is a video of it! This is Disney World but still: check it out, Disney World Skyway Video

Crystal Travel said...

The key to planning a great Sydney holiday is to plan ahead as Flights to Sydney are available at very cheap rates with us. And book Sydney Flights with us and spend quality holidays in this magical city that is blessed with some of the most spectacular attractions of the world. With premium chances grossed with Cheap Flights to Sydney one may never feel bored or left out in the vibrant cosmopolitan like this harbor city.