Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Keeping Cool at Disneyland

A friend just got back from Disneyland and was expressing "sticker-shock" to me - $4.00 for a bottle of water, $56 for a McDonalds meal for her family of four (not including drinks), $3 for a soda. Again, you have to go in knowing it is going to be expensive and you may have to say "no" to a lot of things you might, in a different location, say "yes" to. Anyway, one of the best tips that came to me as we were talking is the following:

You know those spray bottle that you fill with water and there is a fan on the top so when you squirt the bottle the water comes out as a cool mist? Disneyland price: $17. I was quite sure I could easily come up with something less expensive on-line within minutes. I did not. I came up with similar items for $20. However, my friend and I are both sure we've seen them at local stores for only a few bucks a piece. Would they withstand being packed in your luggage and do you have room? Your call - but those water misters sure are nice!

Other places to cool off - the water rides - Splash Mountain in Disneyland and Grizzly River Run in CA Adventure. Also the Puddle Parks in CA Adventures. See last week's post about kids running around. Also, thank God, or Walt Disney, that the attractions are air-conditioned. Get on a long ride, such as It's a Small World or The Pirates of the Caribbean, and you'll be feeling fine for a good 11 minutes! Take in a Show, such as Aladdin in CA Adventures, and coolness is yours for 45 minutes!

No comments: