Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ask a Cast Member!

A friend of ours was visiting Disneyland this past week and on her blog gave thanks to a friend who had recommended using the FastPass system. I was pretty sure this friend had been to Disneyland in the past year or so, and never thought to mention FastPass to her. I figured she knew! Then I got to thinking about this. Even people who have been to Disneyland several times have not done everything, seen everything, or know about everything. This is especially true for families with young children who have their hands full just keeping track of the kids! Others get into a pattern of doing the same attractions, maybe even in the same order, and don't necessarily notice if something new has appeared.

Where am I going with this? Ah, right.....my point is that if you do notice something you don't understand, or have a question about anything, don't simply wonder - ask a cast member! They are there to help us all have the best experience we can - and they are a wealth of information! See a FastPass sign and don't understand how to use it, or the advantages it can provide? Just ask! Of course, be polite, and do remember to say "thank you." Cast members deal with a lot of tired, cranky people by the end of the day, so your smile and kind words can mean a lot.

When I was a kid, I loved going on the Pirates of the Caribbean (still do!), but I wondered how people got to eat inside the ride. What had they done to deserve such special treatment? I finally asked a cast member and found out that The Blue Bayou Restaurant's dining area was what I was seeing. That was the place for me! I still love it there!

You never know what time-saving tip, shortcut, advice or trivia you might gain if you just ask!

2 comments:

Audra said...

And if you have time in your trip, you should always go to City Hall and fill out a compliment form!

Dakota said...

Great point! Not only will you make someone's day - but it makes you feel good, too. It is also a good lesson for your kids!